Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Canvas & Gingham Pillows

I decided to slipcover my existing pillows to brighten our apartment.  I found green gingham for "buy 1 meter get 2 meters free".  I couldn't pass it up.  And, I already had canvas so here is what I put together...


Here are the canvas pillows.  I wanted to make ruffled pillows and decided to do each one differently...





 
I made this pillow using a standard-sized feather pillow as an insert and I did not add ruffles because my husband likes to lay on the couch and I thought this would make a much more comfy pillow to rest his head!  I added the chocolate brown stripes using craft paint.
 
 
The gingham pillows were left "plain".  I simply added cording to the edges to give the pillows a "finished" look.
 

 
 
On the backs of all the pillows I added ties...
 



Here they are all together...


 
 
Thank you for stopping by....
 
Lesa

8 comments:

  1. Lesa,
    Your pillows are all very cute and thank you for sharing them at my party. Please don't forget to add my party name or button with a link back to my blog on your post.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pillows! They turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are simply beautiful. I like the tie detail on the back of the gingham pillows. I have several pillows that need facelifts...thanks for the inspiration.

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO charming, so summery! Nice job on the piping too :)
    Visiting from TTThursday~

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pillows add a wonderful touch to the leather furniture. Great mix of feminine and masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these pillows are fabulous!! This is soo cute! Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/06/4th-of-july-decorations-and-centerpiece.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillows are so beautiful. Ohhhhh how I wish I could sew!!!! Thanks for finding my blog now I have found you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your feather pillows are so beautiful. The work on sew are also outstanding as it is a difficult task to work on sew.
    Thanks for the share!!!

    ReplyDelete