Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Table Runner Embellished

I bought this table runner several months ago for $5.00 from Walmart. 



It's been sitting in a closet ever since and now I've decided to use it on my kitchen table.   However, it's a little boring so I thought I'd "jazz" it up by adding a fringe.  Of course, I didn't feel like driving downtown to look for fringe so I decided to use my trusty burlap.  Here's what I did:

First, I cut four pieces of burlap 13 3/4" wide (this was the width of my table runner) by 5 1/2".  I took two pieces and stitched them on my sewing machine approximately 1 3/4" from the top edge. 




I then simply started removing the burlap strands from the longest side to create a fringe. 



Once that was done I attached the burlap fringe to the bottom of the table runner matching the finished edge to the stitching line on the burlap, only to explose the fringed edge.  It was very simple and I think it adds a bit of interest to once boring table runner.





Thank you for dropping by...have a great day!
Lesa

5 comments:

  1. Much better! I would have never thought of that.
    Connie
    http://thecrafterbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The fringe is SO cute! I have some burlap bags lying around, and was looking for some ideas. Your page is full of creative uses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really a good idea. i currently am obsessed with burlap and now i have another good reason to use some again! LOL. Thanx for the inspiration!
    ~ Jill
    www.jelly-bean-dream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete