Saturday, November 27, 2010

Antique Bobbins

What defines a collection?  Do you have to have more than three of the same thing before you have a collection?  If so, then you can say I have a "small" collection of antique bobbins.



Antique bobbins were made from hardwoods in a variety of shapes and sizes.  I love the patina and distressed appearance that they have from their use in th early textile mills.  They make excellent candleholders, as well, I think that they make a very unique display when grouped together.  The bobbins are attractive reminders of the past.




If any of you have an antique bobbin collection, I would love to see it!

Lesa

I'm linking to:  Funky Junk Interiors SNS "Collections"

1 comment:

  1. How I LOVE antique bobbins! Aren't they wonderful how each one is so unique? Great collection!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete